Friday, June 10, 2011

Italy inspired meal



So the 3 1/2 year old son is away with grandma for the week, and to celebrate some peace and quiet my lovely wife and I decided to do one of our favorite meals for dinner. It is inspired by the Italian way of eating... My wife and her family went to Italy a few years ago to eat and travel. One of the things my wife brought back with her was a new love for all things food and Italy. So occasionally instead of really cooking for dinner we put together a spread of good eats including an assortment of olives, cheeses, ciabatta and garlic breads, wine, a NY strip steak, arugula, an assortment of tomatoes, salami's, and prosciutto. Something about the combination of all the flavors, the wine, and jazz music that really makes this special.



So instead of posting a recipe I think i will let you find your own inspiration. Remember food is joy and you must follow your joy.

Enjoy!

1 comment: